Full time Residential Vacancies (updated 14 Mar 2013)
We do not currently have any vacancies in our residential team/community.
Essential characteristics of all community members are:
- an ability to contribute strongly in at least one key area
- a willingness to work as part of a team
- good communications skills
- an understanding of the value of providing retreat conditions for others
- an interest in living and working as part of a Triratna Buddhist Community and team (we are particularly interested in hearing from Order Members and women and men who have asked for ordination)
In living and working at Dhanakosa as well as enjoying one of the most beautiful parts of the UK, you will be helping provide retreat conditions for around 1,000 people a year, mostly on week long introductory retreats. For many of these people this is their first substantial contact with Buddhism.
If you'd like to discuss coming to live and work at Dhanakosa please contact:
Nayaka on 01877 384 213, or at email@example.com
Volunteer Opportunities (updated 14 Mar 2013)
We would like to hear from people who have been to Dhanakosa, or are involved in Triratna in their local centre or retreat centre, and who are interested in helping out as volunteers for one or two weeks at a time to work alongside members of the retreat centre team in the following roles:
Cooks: come and spend a week working with our resident kitchen manager, learn the ropes of the Dhanakosa kitchen, and then join our pool of volunteer cooks- who volunteer to cook for our ongoing retreat programme, a week or weekend at a time.
Building projects: If you are practically minded and enjoy physical work, or if you have trade skills, we periodically require additional workers for specific projects throughout the year.
To discuss the currently available opportunities please contact:
Tel: 01877 384 213
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org