getting to dhanakosa by bike
The route is about 27 miles long and climbs around 2000 ft in total, most of which is between Callander and Balquhidder. It normally takes between 3 and 4 hours to cycle depending on fitness.
The following is the quietest route and is only a couple of miles longer than the direct route on busy roads.
- Leave the train at Dunblane (trains from Edinburgh to Stirling go on to Dunblane).
- Cross the footbridge to Tesco’s car park.
- At the car park entrance turn right, and cycle on this road, the A820, out of town and on to Doune (about 4 miles).
- At the junction with the main A84 in Doune turn left, and continue for about 500m to the junction just after crossing an old bridge over the river Teith.
- Turn right at this junction, and immediately take the fork on the left signposted for Callander (B8032).
- Continue following the signs for Callander which is about 8 miles on this road (joins the B822 then A81 about 2 miles before Callander).
- At the traffic lights in Callander town centre turn left, and then left again after about 200 yards, onto the cycle track to Strathyre (signposted with a small blue sign).
- Follow the cycle track all the way to Balquhidder (about 12 miles).
- At Balquhidder village hall turn left to get to Dhanakosa (about 2 miles).
Please aim to arrive between 4pm - 6:30pm on the day the retreat starts.
Please let us know if arriving later than 7pm so that we can save some dinner for you.
Week long retreats will end at approximately 11am on the final day. Weekend retreats will finish around 3 – 4pm on the Sunday.