dhanakosa's response to coronavirus
Given the current government advice and in order to support the collective effort to control the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) we have reluctantly taken the decision to cancel retreats up until the 3rd July.
We are examining our options for resuming retreats on a limited basis as restrictions are eased and with appropriate infection control and risk management measures in place. However at the current time we can give no clear indication of when this might be. For retreats in July and August existing bookings remain live and we are running waiting lists. For retreats from September onwards we are taking a limited number of bookings but hope to be able to open out further places from the waiting list as we get closer to the retreat dates.
As this is an evolving situation, we will keep under review retreats after this date, and let people who have booked retreats know whether or not they are running by e-mail and our web site at least two weeks prior to the retreat start date. Please be aware we may need to cancel further retreats.
Please see our revised transfers and cancellations policy below. And, feel free to contact us if you have any queries, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01877 384213.
Our practice of the Dharma is vital at times of uncertainty and suffering. We need to resource and support ourselves and our communities through our practice of metta, mindfulness and compassionate connection.
We are continuing to share Dhanakosa’s teachings, resources and inspiration via Zoom, YouTube and Facebook. Find our weekly programme of meditation, talks and yoga here.
transfer and cancellation policy:
We are aware that these are unprecedented circumstances which will have a significant financial impact on many people. Dhanakosa stands to lose a considerable amount of money over the next period. Fortunately, we had been saving money for building projects, so we are currently reasonably confident of being able to weather a period of reduced finances. However, if you are willing to let us retain your booking fee as a donation that will alleviate our situation significantly.
If you would rather transfer your booking fee we are happy to do this for all cancelled retreats, and for anyone unable to attend a retreat because of self-isolation (voluntary or required) or because of COVID-19 vulnerability.
We are also able to refund your booking fee if after consideration of your own financial situation you would like us to do so.
Hopefully this way we can work together to support each other through the coming months.
support and connection:
Keep connected with Dhanakosa and the retreat experience with our free online meditation, talks and yoga, find more information here.